I’ve been so busy with my newly unfurled right livelihood that I’ve sadly neglected my blog. This will be remedied, it’s a Start-up thing.
But in case you’re curious, here’s a list of the amazing clients and projects I’ve been working with since December 2010:
- Save Mary Lake – an innovative social media conservation campaign harnessing the Power of Many to save a 107 acres of pristine wilderness only 13 miles from downtown Victoria, BC. I’ve been busy coordinating the Save Mary Lake twitter stream, Facebook page, blog, a live webathon, a four-part mini-doc series “Reflections of Mary Lake“, a First Nations ceremony and more. In January, we raised about $40,000, had over a million hits to the website during the webathon and my mini-docs were Top 15 most viewed Non-Profit videos on Youtube! Plus check out the cool pixel map, where you can purchase your very own square metre of this pristine wilderness, saving it from bulldozers and development for all time. We’re now waiting with baited breath to hear the estate’s response to our latest proposal….stay tuned, and please join us @SaveMaryLake
- Donna Morton and First Power‘s race to become an Unreasonable Institute Fellow. We raised about $8000 in 2 weeks using social media in conjunction with traditional fundraising methods. Such a great project! @First_Power
- Elizabeth May, leader of the Green Party of Canada – I’m producing a series of videos with Elizabeth and her national team and local riding.
- The School of Motion Picture Arts at Capilano University – in addition to teaching the Documentary Program students an Introduction to Social Media and Narrative, I spent a day last week exploring this new cinematic terrain with the SMPA Faculty. So exciting to be involved with developing a social media narrative curriculum!
- Documentary Organization of Canada – as part of my role on the National Board of Directors, I’m the Chair of a few committees: the Communications Committee, the Social Media Sub Committee and Interim Chair of the nascent Save the DOC Committee.
- ‘Get on the DOC Bus’ – as part of the Save the DOC campaign, I’m developing a cross Canada documentary campaign road trip movie! We’re looking for a used full-size diesel school bus to buy ASAP, as we hope to be on the road by June 1st, 2011. Any leads (especially BC based) appreciated!
- Oh and we’ve had a couple of OPEN CINEMA events too. @opencinema
Yah. That’s why I haven’t been blogging. But you’ll be hearing more from me soon. Lots more. And Very soon.
In the meantime, feel free to drop in and say hi. I’m online a lot and I’d love to connect!