I’ve been creatively mastering cutting-edge media tools to tell inspiring stories for over 20 years, so I now think of myself as a media-savvy storyteller, creatively using a variety of media tools to share a well-crafted message to a niche audience.
Since 2010, I’ve been sharing my social media and marketing expertise with non-profits, business, social enterprises, institutions and individuals.
My specialty: I help women who are passionate about making a difference in the world, to craft their unique message and connect with their community. I offer workshops and presentations, as well as one-on-one coaching and strategy consultations.
- Since 2010, I’ve been advising and teaching social media at Capilano University’s School of Motion Pictures.
- My popular workshop series Get Going with Social Media: The Emerging Art and Practice of Creative Engagement has been a hit with creators, artists, non-profits and businesses in Victoria BC.
- In 2011, I was invited to give presentations through Volunteer Victoria, The BC Writers Federation, Wired Words Festival, Social Media Camp, University of Victoria and the Victoria College of Art.
- Recent clients include Every Aspect Management, Save Mary Lake, Elizabeth May, Green Party MP, Eagle Wing Tours, Watoto Canada and authors John T. Shields, Johanna Vanderpol,
- Read what people are saying about Mandy here…
My transition from documentary filmmaker to social media strategist was a natural career evolution and it’s been exciting to get in the ground floor of an emerging and new field. In 2008 and 2009, I was fortunate to receive an early understanding of transmedia, social media and narrative through a National Film Board of Canada and Praxis incubator program Melting Silos and the Documentary Organization of Canada’s ReBoot. I also spent several months working with Michael Margolis at Get Storied, through his Social Media Jedi training (seriously!). My work with OPEN CINEMA has developed my passion for the use of media as a tool for community engagement, which offers one more reason why social media strategy offers an exciting next step for me.
What are your social media needs? Please contact me to discuss how I can help you craft your unique message to engage your niche market.